Soffits and fascia boards protect joist ends and facilitate secure and easy fitting of guttering. Both are available in either UPVC or wood. Over time, especially with wooden boards, your fascia and soffit will need to be replaced. Usually we suggest to do this at the same as you’re having your guttering replaced, the last thing we want to do is attach a new guttering system to an old fascia board that may be rotten or need replacing a long time before your guttering does.
Fascias, Soffits and Bargeboards
Bargeboards, soffits and fascias are an important part of the roof structure. If damaged or missing they can allow weather penetration which can have serious consequences for internal structural components and decorative finishes. These roofing elements take the brunt of any bad weather and protect the structure from rain. It is as important to keep the soffits, fascias and bargeboards in good order as it is to maintain the roof tiles or slates themselves.
At New Roof Specialists Ltd we have the tools, craftsmen and experience to replace or repair soffits, fascias and bargeboards on all types of building. Modern soffits, fascias and bargeboards are often manufactured in PVCu plastic.
- Does not rot or biologically decompose.
- Is resistant to weathering with low maintenance requirements.
- Does not need painting.
- Retains its shape well.
- Can be reshaped at very high temperature and can therefore be recycled.
PVCu is not only, extremely durable but available in a wide variety of profiles and colours.
The purpose of guttering is to simply channel rain water from the roof towards a downpipe which will then take it down to ground level and into the drainage system. This system helps to stop the walls of the house becoming saturated and causing problems with dampness. Proper gutter installation is essential from the start and so to is regular maintenance and cleaning. We cover everything from installation to maintenance to repair and offer the following services.
- Gutter Installation
- Gutter Clean
- Gutter Upgrades
- Gutter Renewals
- UPVC Gutters
- Plastic Gutters
- Gutters unblocked
- Downpipes installed and unblocked
- Drainpipes installed and unblocked
If you are looking to upgrade your guttering, clean it or repair it, we offer a complete guttering service across West London. Our friendly experienced team will be pleased to discuss all the options with you.
External cladding provides both a decorative and protective facade for buildings. Traditional timber cladding and weatherboarding are vulnerable to damage and weather and require regular maintenance and repair.
New Roof Specialists Ltd can provide a variety of different cladding solutions. There are many available choices of cladding on the market, including:
- Single skin profile metal sheets – cost-effective and popular for warehousing and steel-framed buildings.
- Double skin built-up system – Two skins of steel (or aluminium) with an insulated panel sandwiched between. They can reduce condensation and temperature change in a warehouse environment. This is a popular roof structure as it is versatile and cost-effective.
- Composite panels – these are inner and outer composite sheets sandwiched either side of a foam insulation board.
- Pre-galvanised steel sheeting – They are corrosion resistant and provide climatic protection together with maximum strength. There are many different colours and surface finishes available.
- PVC Cladding – This is also available in a variety of different colours and profiles, for example shiplap, feather edge etc. It is an ideal substitute for timber cladding. PVC cladding has many benefits including retaining its appearance, low maintenance, improve thermal performance, especially when combined with insulation. UPVC cladding provides a stylish and effective means to protect and decorate the exterior of buildings – without the need for continual and costly maintenance and re-decoration.
If you’d like a free quotation, or if you simply need some advice please give us a call on 02087 839585.